NextEra Energy Senior Budget Analyst in Florida City, Florida
Senior Budget Analyst
Date:Jan 2, 2019
Primary Location:Florida City, FL, US, 33035
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 30119
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description As a Senior Budget Analyst, you will be responsible for the following position specific duties:
- Prepare monthly financials and variance analyses for multiple O&M departments
- Track forecasts during month to ensure targets are met and elevate any forecast risks timely
- Ensure depts. know their forecasts and challenge them to be more efficient
- Track, review and approve various vendor invoices
- Review vendor contracts to ensure within budget before approving
- Track department CIP ideas to ensure planned implementation is on track
- Develop and maintain a five-year O&M and Capital budget
- Prepare SAP reports as needed to track costs and plan forecasts Job Overview Employees in this role are responsible for supporting all budget activities for the department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares operating budgets, maintains records and audits accounts for units/departments
- Compiles and reviews budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures and estimated expenses and income
- Reviews departmental expenditures to ensure compliance with budget allocations
- Maintains accurate spending records and establishes measures for budgetary control
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor’s - Accounting/Finance
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Florida City, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy