NextEra Energy Environmental Specialist (SME) in Houston, Texas
Environmental Specialist (SME)
Date:Nov 29, 2018
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77002
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 30349
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is the largest utility consumer of natural gas to generate electricity in the United States; in 2014, we used 736 Bcf of natural gas. Natural gas and its economics are critical to nearly every one of the company’s businesses. NextEra Energy began investing in shale gas production in 2008, and today has more than $1 billion deployed in several shale plays around the country.
In addition to the duties below, this individual will also be responsible for the following:
- Interprets, translates and communicates environmental requirements to operations.
- Prepares necessary environmental documents and reports for air compliance such as air emissions inventories, greenhouse gas reporting, and NSPS/NESHAP reporting.
- Prepares and secures all required air permits for upstream and midstream facilities on an accurate and timely manner
- Interacts with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Helps manage LDAR program and ensure NSPS OOOO/OOOOa compliance
- Supports any required air compliance testing as needed (eg. Engine testing)
- Conducts field activities, sometimes requiring overnight travel, including, but not limited to: (1) Inspecting and auditing facilities to evaluate compliance with environmental and regulatory requirements. (2) Interfacing with operations, clients and vendors to gather pertinent information to prepare required calculations, permits and rule interpretation.
- Identifies, and communicates compliance and regulatory risks and potential countermeasures.
- Reviews air regulations applicable to the Oil and Gas Industry to ensure timely compliance with requirements Job Overview This job is responsible for obtaining environmental approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing NextEra, Inc. facilities from Federal, State and Regional agencies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Supports the company's compliance with environmental requirements • Supports environmental aspects of company operations, such as, compliance, reporting, monitoring, remediation, and environmental permitting functions • Monitors and analyzes environmental policies and regulations that affect the company and its customers • Provides the necessary support to staff to resolve environmental matters • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC. Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Houston