NextEra Energy Senior Load Forecasting Analyst in Houston, Texas
Senior Load Forecasting Analyst
Date:Jan 8, 2019
Primary Location:Houston, TX, US, 77070
Company:NextEra Energy /NextEra Energy Services is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers, delivering innovative energy solutions with affordable electricity plans, including 100 percent renewable energy plans to more than 1.1 million residential and business customers throughout North America.
Position Specific Description
The Senior Load Forecasting Analyst position is part of Gexa’s Supply and Load Forecasting team located in the Gexa Energy office in Houston. Gexa Energy is a subsidiary of NextEra Energy, Inc. Gexa, under its different brand names, sells retail electricity in 14 states and the District of Columbia. This Senior Load Forecasting Analyst will run the long-term forecast, report on forecast performance, and identify and correct problems causing load forecast errors outside of the target range. Gexa is seeking candidates with strong analytical and technical skills, and excellent problem solving skills.
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Candidates with Retail Power Industry Experience highly preferred
- Experience performing analyses on large data sets
- Advanced SQL coding skills with significant SQL knowledge
- Experience in ETL packages in SSIS.
- Ability to automate reports
- Excellent MS Excel skills and experience with VBA
- Familiarity with regression analysis
- Experience structuring and leading projects, working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in software packages like Matlab, R, Python, Matlab
We look forward to receiving your application!
Job Overview This job is responsible for creating long-term forecasts and position reports.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Researches and proposes new data sources and methods of analysis
- Analyzes accuracy and effectiveness of load profiles and recommend improvements
- Identifies causes for load forecast errors outside of the target range and develop solutions to improve performance
- Develops and prepares long term and/or short term forecasting models
- Monitors and analyzes load forecast accuracy, creates transparency into drivers causing load forecast errors, and performs load forecast variance reporting
- Handles varied and complex projects and analysis
- Prepares presentations and reports for management
- Identifies and correct customers with significant load forecasting anomalies
- Leads efforts to review and validate data inputs into the long-term forecasting model and works with cross-functional teams to correct data errors in source systems
- Supports automation efforts to import all data into load forecasting system
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Gexa Energy LP Location: Houston, Texas Other Work Locations: Texas Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Houston