NextEra Energy Special Itinerant I&C in Indiantown, Florida
Special Itinerant I&C
Date:Oct 5, 2018
Primary Location:Indiantown, FL, US, 34956
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 25857
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position may be based at any of our power generation plants located throughout the state of Florida. The purpose of this posting is to ensure that prospective candidates complete all phases of our testing process to become eligible for in-person interviews. Once a candidate successfully completes all pre-testing requirements, they would then need to apply specifically to any individual job posting of interest.
Job Overview This is a non-shift, classification that works a regular day shift schedule. The function of this classification is to perform all maintenance activities on plant instrument and control equipment. This classification may be required to travel to other work locations as workload requires.
Minimum requirements for job:
- Must have held, or be qualified to hold the position of Instrument and Control Specialist, or have completed the Apprentice Instrument and Control Specialist program. -OR-
- Has worked at another industrial facility as an I. and C. technician, and completed an accredited training program. -OR-
- Has worked for a minimum of 2 years at an industrial facility in the maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation and control devices, and has satisfactorily completed the following college courses from an accredited college. (Basic college Algebra/Technical math/D.C.circuits and Lab/A.C. circuits and Lab/ Physics/Electronic Devices I and Lab/Electronic Devices II and Lab/Communications I.) -OR-
Has equivalent military experience or any other rating that is equally comparable -OR-
Any graduate of an approved college who has received an associate degree in Electronics or Instrument technology.
- Operates all types of power tools, and uses any hand tools necessary to provide a safe, clean and productive work place,
- Uses precision tools and a wide variety of meters and test equipment.
- May maintain stock and records of plant instrument and electrical materials,supplies, tools and spare parts.
- Performs major maintenance of plant instrument and control equipment and structures, and repair and replacement of plant instrument and control equipment and structures.
- Installs, tests and maintains electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical instruments and devices that indicate, record, transmit or control the operation of power plants.
- Performs preventive maintenance to ensure proper function of equipment.
- Installs and maintains connecting piping, tubing and wiring from the primary sensing element to the final control element.
- Prepares records of calibration, tests and maintenance of these instruments and devices.
- Reads, interprets and works from electrical and mechanical diagrams and blueprints.
Performs associated responsibilities according to the rules contained in the safe work practices handbook and the Memorandum of Agreement.
Must have equivalent courses and /or experience to any of the above
Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Indiantown, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Port Saint Lucie