NextEra Energy Benefits Lead in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Oct 7, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26096
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We strengthen and engage our greatest assets - our employees!
Responsibilities to include
Overall management responsibility for the design of cost-effective, competitive and comprehensive benefit programs, including, but not limited to, active and retiree health and welfare, time off program, voluntary and retirement plans. Responsibilities include development of short term/long term strategies, planning, researching, data gathering and analysis, financial modeling and developing recommendations to senior leadership. Responsibilities also include the evaluation of services, coverage and options available to determine programs that would best meet the needs of the organization and employees. Contributes to, and analyzes industry survey information to determine company's competitive position in employee benefits. Helps identify and lead the development of health care and retirement cost containment strategies to achieve the greatest value to the company and the employee. Effectively plans and leads projects/processes to help manage request for proposals, evaluation of services, etc.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Ability to perform financial analysis to assess feasibility of new programs or changes to offerings; perform sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis
- Proficient in use of excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop positive working relationships with both internal and external vendors and customers.
Job Overview Employees in this role serve as a subject matter expert to lead the planning, implementation, and administration of one or more cost-effective benefit programs including life, retirement, medical, dental, vision, workers compensation, disability, time-off, health and welfare plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as project manager and subject matter expert to lead a team of individuals through planning, design and implementation of various benefit projects
- Identifies process improvements, prepares analysis and presentations and recommends changes to appropriate leaders
- Participates in annual renewals, preparing applicable annual government reporting and non-discrimination tests, tracking cost or loss trends
- Prepares cost analysis of employee benefits
- Communicates negotiated benefit changes to appropriate parties, including the benefits administrator to ensure that benefit plans reflect negotiated benefit changes
- Partners with legal counsel, vendors and insurance providers on plan modifications, communication and annual renewals
- Coordinates the integration of acquired employee benefit programs with existing programs
- Leads ongoing employee communications such as summary plan descriptions, summary annual reports, Benefits Bulletin, etc.
- Leads or participates in the annual benefits open enrollment process including plan and employee communication
- Analyzes benefit programs, external survey data and market trends and develops recommendations for review by management
- Serves as mentor, coach or project lead to team members
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Master’s - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Human Resources Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-KR1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami