NextEra Energy IT Technology Leader in Juno Beach, Florida
IT Technology Leader
Date:Jan 8, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 31330
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position resides in the Advanced Cyberdefense Center (ACC), a functional group under the Cybersecurity group within Information Technology. The Cybersecurity group is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information and computing networks. We are seeking a seasoned cybersecurity manager with more than five years of experience to help continue to shape our incident response program.
In your role supporting and assisting with NextEra’s cybersecurity incident response program, you will work with cutting-edge innovative cybersecurity related technologies. As an IT Technology Leader, you will be responsible for the direct assessment and command of cyber incidents for NextEra Energy and its subsidiaries. In addition, you will recommend process and technology related solutions or improvements to protect the company from cybersecurity vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
Candidates applying for this position must demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to manage technical teams to achieve both technical and business results
- Leadership of other team members, at all levels, during cyber incident response efforts
- Ability to follow up on security events, reports, and perform investigations and determine root cause
- Familiarity with any or all of the following technologies; Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Host-based antivirus, Network malware detonation/sandboxing, Full Packet Capture tools, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IPS), Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) tools
- Knowledge of various types of common technologies used across enterprises such as Microsoft Windows, Unix and other common types of applications and protocols
- Strong understanding of computer networking technologies and architectures
- Highly effective at communicating with various levels of the organization (e.g., technical and non-technical verbal & written communication abilities)
Ability to operate under pressure and multi-task, must demonstrate strong bias for action, follow-through and personal leadership Nice-to-Have Skills
NERC CIP compliance experience with direct implementation responsibility/ownership of specific CIP standards
- Forensic analysis experience either at the host, network, or both
- Familiarity with Intelligence Driven Defense related methodologies and the cyber threat landscape
- GCIH, CISSP, CEH, CHFI, SANS GIAC certifications a plus Job Overview This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and leads in the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company's goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 7+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Information Systems
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami