NextEra Energy Principal Accountant in Juno Beach, Florida
Date:Jun 24, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 43684
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The principal accountant’s key responsibilities will include gathering, analyzing and preparing internal and external financial statements and schedules in compliance with GAAP and regulatory (FERC and FPSC) accounting requirements. This includes the performance of independent research and analytical activities as specified by senior management. The ideal candidate will have strong familiarity with GAAP and SEC regulations and an ability to build productive working relationships across the organization in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports, specifically:
- FPL Earnings Summary
- FPL balance sheet and income statement quarterly variance analysis
- FPL and Gulf Power GAAP to Regulatory comparative analysis
- Ensure the overall accounting accuracy of FPL and Gulf special projects and act as FPL Controllership liaison for accounting implementations
- Support for the quarterly investor presentation earnings release and quarterly external reporting filings
- Project managementsupport for FPL and Gulf regulatory initiatives including rate cases
- Provide oversight and accounting support for FPL subsidiaries to help ensure accuracy of financial information. Job Overview
Employees in this role develop accounting policy through analysis of GAAP and business practices. Ensures accounting treatment is practical, cost-beneficial and accurately portrays the economic substance of business transactions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes proposed transactions for structure and proper accounting treatment under authoritative accounting literature • Reviews changes in technical accounting literature, develops positions and present to management • Maintains awareness of accounting issues being considered by regulatory bodies and advises management of important matters • Ensures consistent application of accounting policies • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Experience:7+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Master's - Business Administration • Master's - Accounting / Finance • Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.