NextEra Energy Senior Reliability Engineer- (Data Reliability Engineer) in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Reliability Engineer- (Data Reliability Engineer)
Date:Jan 9, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 31448
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Smile you’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our Fleet Performance and Diagnostics Team is looking for Senior Reliability Engineer to join the organization! In this role you will be responsible for enhancing/developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support failure mode detection of all of NextEra Energy’s generating assets. You will use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and “Big Data”.
Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
- Possesses a strong familiarity with power generation systems
- Uses system knowledge of power generation equipment to identify failure mode modeling techniques and improvement opportunities on existing models
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for failure mode detection
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- The ability to understand anomaly detection systems and provide recommendations for improvement in both structure and tuning capabilities
- Builds strong knowledge of the technical solution being delivered and can analyze and determine failure points
Highly Desired Skills
- Power Generation experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, MatLab, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as PowerBI and others.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification Job Overview Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs • Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field • Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years
Preferred Qualifications • Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AD1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami