NextEra Energy Tax Project Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Tax Project Manager
Date:Jun 26, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 43814
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We are seeking an experienced state income tax professional to become a member of our State Tax Planning team. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years of state income/franchise tax compliance experience and be interested in getting involved in state income/franchise tax planning, policy and M&A.
- 7+ years of multistate income/franchise tax compliance experience; experience with state income/franchise tax planning a plus; a law degree may count towards the required years of experience
- Comprehensive understanding of state income tax apportionment methodologies and issues
- Solid understanding of state income tax accounting rules and methods
- Significant Excel experience; experience with Alteryx or similar tools a plus
- Be able and willing to support the state income tax compliance function on all levels; whether that be analysis, preparation, and/or review of complex multistate income/franchise tax returns, audit support, or ASC 740-10/FIN 48 tracking and analysis
- Be able to analyze, develop, document, and execute state income/franchise tax planning projects
- Drive value by providing multistate income/franchise tax support (e.g., due diligence, structuring, and modelling) to deal teams and business units throughout the organization with respect to renewable energy projects and pending acquisitions, dispositions, financings, reorganizations, restructurings, and joint ventures, with the goal of optimizing tax treatment
- Be able to model the cash and U.S. GAAP state income/franchise tax treatment of transactions
- Be able to work with minimal supervision, meet deadlines and produce accurate, quality, work product
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) complex technical tax issues to management and internal stakeholders, including the broader finance business unit
- Be able to analyze large and complex datasets and present findings in a clear, understandable manner
- Be able to perform complex state income/franchise tax research and to convey findings in a clear and concise manner
- Have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to coordinate effectively with various subject matter specialists and proactively support the business
- Be able to multitask and prioritize work effectively; comfortable in a fast-past work environment that demands regular reprioritization Job Overview
Employees in this position are responsible for one or more of the following: tax research, planning, forecasting, analysis, and defense of tax positions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages tax related projects, including system maintenance and/or development
- Prepares and/or reviews tax returns and corresponding tax work papers and files
- Researches law, regulations, administrative rulings and court cases and presents proposals to lawfully minimize tax liability
- Researches and drafts responses to inquiries from government agencies regarding tax filings, and other claims
- Provides and/or verifies tax assumptions and tax results in project models
- Leads project teams to improve quality, efficiency, predictability and/or transparency
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Master's - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.