NextEra Energy Wind Turbine Maintenance Planner & Procedure Writer in Juno Beach, Florida
Wind Turbine Maintenance Planner & Procedure Writer
Date:Jun 26, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 42532
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description This position is responsible for planning and writing detailed procedures for maintenance work on wind turbines. This position will develop maintenance procedures for preventative maintenance and midlevel and major component repairs on large wind turbines. The successful candidate should possess strong technical knowledge of wind turbine equipment and maintenance methods, with skill in communicating through written medium.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain, and improve Job Plans for maintenance work on wind turbines, including bill of materials, resource requirements, equipment requirements, and cost estimates
- Develop, maintain, and improve high quality maintenance Procedures for field execution of preventative maintenance and midlevel/major component repairs and replacements.
- Collaborate with internal support groups, especially Engineering and field technicians, for accurate Job Plan and Procedure content
- Implement effective quality control (QA/QC) measures through procedure content
- Prioritize work, delegate task assignments, and manage deliverable content from supporting field personnel
- Establish, maintain, and enforce quality and consistency standards in Job Plan and Procedure content
- Lead development of new maintenance methods and procedural documentation with field support
- Support procedure/method-related work execution issues and questions from the field as they arise
- Travel to various sites as required to develop maintenance procedures
Perform other job-related duties as assigned Preferred Qualifications:
Strong knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience with wind turbine maintenance. General Electric, Siemens, and/or Vestas turbine knowledge preferred.
- Proficiency in technical writing and procedure writing techniques
- Ability to travel 20% within the US and Canada
- Ability to climb wind turbines
- Proficiency with Maximo
Employees in this job are responsible for project planning of major and minor equipment maintenance activities related to electrical power generation plants. Activities may include job identification, scope validation, cost and schedule estimating, and development of job specific work instructions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs administration of procurement contracts and documentation in support of outage execution • Focuses on streamlining activities through the use of standardized processes and procedures, problem solving, and team engagement • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience: 2+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.