NextEra Energy Data Solutions Architect in Jupiter, Florida
Data Solutions Architect
Date:Nov 8, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29618
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile you've found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our Power Delivery team is seeking a Technical Solution Architect to help take us to the Next Era. In this role you will develop and maintain high-level designs for logical and technical architecture in the Power Delivery business space. You will provide leadership, strategic decision-making, and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. You will also facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions as well as serve as top-level experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design related to the Power Delivery domain.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicate and enforce technology standards with business partners
- Understand industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drive digital innovation and develop roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Define high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coach, mentor, and lead technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Design and own governance, assurance, and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Deliver technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with implementing disruptive technologies in an organization
- Complex & high volume cloud implementations
- Utility Knowledge &/or Expertise
- Experience in a start-up&/or entrepreneurial venture
- Passion for technology &/or domains
- Innovations / Patent examples
- • Technically multi-faceted (web development, network, distributed databases, big data, mobility, etc...)
Our Culture Qualifications:
- Need someone that is excited about collaborating between business units and departments of IT
- Comfortable with a general direction of leveraging cloud technologies
- Comfortable with a general direction of digital transformation / innovation
- Comfortable working within guidance of an architectural governance group
- Comfortable helping set direction within an architectural governance group
- Candidate should be comfortable with driving change from within and within the business
- Candidate’s highly motivated to implement repeatable processes.
- Comfortable with constant change
Work locations available in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties for the right candidate. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity and you want to take your career to the Next level, please apply today!
Job Overview This position develops and maintains high-level design plans for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision-making through the project planning level. Employees in this role are top-level experts and visionaries, responsible for the development of strategy and design of an assigned technology or for the network or infrastructure components to support that strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Gains organizational commitment for all high-level architecture plans • Initiates and participates in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans • Produces documented frameworks, architectures and plans how to manage the implementation and integration of a technical environment • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy