NextEra Energy Wind Field Service Technician III in Limon, Colorado
Wind Field Service Technician III
Date:Jun 23, 2020
Primary Location:Limon, CO, US, 80828
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 43692
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
THIS POSITION IS 80% TRAVEL
Employees in this entry-level role perform maintenance and repair activities on wind turbine generators. Individuals conduct precision measurement, generator alignment, bearing replacement, and torque checks. Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under direct supervision:
- Travels extensively with little or no notice within the entire company fleet
- Performs maintenance and repair on wind turbine power generation equipment
- Performs electrical, electronic, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Maintains all company supplied equipment, facilities, and tooling
- Completes Safety Mentor training curriculum with 6 months of initial hire
- Completes Wind Field Service Technician III training curriculum within first year
- Ability to meet attendance requirements
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 1+ years in a technical field, OR completion of a technical certificate/degree program
- Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
- Ability to climb a wind turbine up to 300 feet
- Associate’s Degree
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians - Wind/HV/Solar Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Limon, Colorado Other Work Locations: Colorado Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.