NextEra Energy Maintenance Technician - I&C Itinerant in Loxahatchee, Florida
Maintenance Technician - I&C Itinerant
Date:Nov 8, 2018
Primary Location:Loxahatchee, FL, US, 33470
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29826
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Travel to plant locations in Florida to perform scheduled and unscheduled outage maintenance.
Job Overview Performs Instrumentation & Control equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, replacement and repairs activities:
- Repairs, replaces, troubleshoots, calibrates and maintains power plant Instrumentation & Control equipment and systems
- Utilizes/operates various types of test instruments. Uses hand, power, tools/equipment necessary to support a safe and productive work environment
- Candidates will be required to take and pass the MASS Test and also be Hands-On tested to demonstrate knowledge and craft skills
- Work Schedule: Day Shift, except when supporting outages. Travel required for this position
- Local Candidate Strongly Preferred
- Relocation Assistance is not provided
- Solid knowledge and experience in calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting Instrumentation & Control equipment and systems in power plant, industrial facility, processing plant or Navy environment (minimum of 2 years)
- Proficiency in I&C skills, knowledge and abilities related to: Industrial variables' measurement, industrial transmitters (digital and analog), controllers, control loops, final control elements (pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric), Distributed Control Systems, data communications, fiber optics, control drawings and transducers
Troubleshooting Distributed Control Systems and PLC's Installation, troubleshooting and repair of fiber optic conductors
Required Qualifications • Pwr Plt Mtce Pos Sel Sys Test passed • Post-Offer Functional Capacity Eval Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Bargaining Unit Employee Type: Itinerant Job Category: Power Generation Bargaining Unit Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Loxahatchee, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Plant, Energy