NextEra Energy Sr PGD Safety Specialist in Quinton, Oklahoma
Sr PGD Safety Specialist
Date:Nov 29, 2018
Primary Location:Quinton, OK, US, 74561
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 30348
Trinity Operating is an independent oil and natural gas company engaged in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas from onshore properties within the U.S.
Position Specific Description Assist in the development, implementation and enforcement of all safety policies/procedures in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Assist in the development and implementation of procedures within the organization that effectively control accident and health exposures in the workplace. Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury.
- Perform all functions in accordance with operation, environmental and safety guidelines
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance of all environmental and safety policies/procedures in accordance with state and federal regulations as well as established company policy.
- Coordinate and conduct Safety meetings/trainings
- Ensure that corrective actions are performed on all deficiencies or hazards discussed and/or identified.
- Perform Environmental/Safety Accident Investigations as needed and ensure that they are completed in a timely manner and that preventative action has been implemented.
- Coordinate communication of incident/accident and prevention measures to all applicable departments and employees.
- Conduct audits and inspections of the workplace. Make suggestions to correct deficiencies to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Update and maintain all department logs, employee files and company records as necessary to demonstrate compliance with all state and federal laws and programs in the areas of Environmental, Health & Safety compliance.
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with established procedures, company policy, local and federal rules and regulations.
- Coordinate, assist and perform Safety Trainings as deemed necessary by Management
- Assist contractors who are working on projects affecting the facilities
- Assess new developments in the health, environmental, and safety field that may have application to the company’s operations
- Prepare reports as needed
- Perform additional duties as needed Job Overview Employees in this job work with the safety tactical teams to provide technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety and compliance with OSHA regulations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Provides onsite support to power plants to provide technical guidance on compliance issues, training, and site assessments • Partners to develop and implement best practices and proactive initiatives aimed at eliminating injuries and illnesses • Supports programs to achieve an injury-free lifestyle vision that extends to off-duty injury prevention • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning • Process Management Concepts • Quality Tools and Techniques • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications • High School Grad / GED • Safety Policy and Practice • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:2+ years • Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years Preferred Qualifications • None
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Health & Safety Organization: Trinity Operating, LLC. Location: Quinton, Oklahoma Other Work Locations: Oklahoma Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Tulsa Nearest Secondary Market:Oklahoma