NextEra Energy Associate Software Development Eng WL in St. Paul, Minnesota
Associate Software Development Eng WL
Date:Jan 10, 2019
Primary Location:St. Paul, MN, US, 55107
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 31485
is the optimization and analytics team for the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. As part of NextEra Energy, we thrive on creating innovative forecasting and optimization solutions that change the industry for the better.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Experience using Git for source code management
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience using the Agile Scrum development process Job Overview This position writes and tests software to aid in development and support of products. Individuals in this role assist in software design, typically working within a design framework laid out by technical leads. This position participates in required product development process ceremonies. Employees in this role are responsible for writing and refining technical requirements and technical design documentation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Codes in multiple languages in support of software products and the development of software products
- Conducts system testing and codes unit tests and support features
- Documents technical requirement and other technical documentation
- Works with product team to refine product requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 0+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: WindLogics Inc Location: St. Paul, Minnesota Other Work Locations: Minnesota Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Minneapolis